Updated: October 30th, 2023
Project Address: 2800 North Main Street
- The applicant, MainPlace Shoppingtown, LLC, submitted an application in January 2019 for a specific plan to allow up to 1,900 residential units, 400 hotel rooms, 1,400,000 total square feet of commercial space, and up to 750,000 square feet of office space. The project required approval of a zone change to create a new specific plan (SP No. 4), a tentative parcel map (TPM) to subdivide the site into ten (10) legal lots, and an addendum to the original 1983 Environmental Impact Report (EIR). The applicant also submitted an application for a development agreement (DA).
- The project was recommended for approval to the City Council by the Planning Commission on May 13, 2019. The City Council subsequently approved the project on June 4 and June 18, 2019.
- Under Construction
- The demo of Nordstrom's building is at 50% completed.
- 2019 Addendum to the 1983 EIR and Technical Appendices - revised 5/7/2019
- MainPlace Specific Plan (SP No. 4) - revised 5/7/2019
- MainPlace Tentative Parcel Map (TPM)
- Draft Development Agreement (DA)
- Sunshine Ordinance Meeting Materials
- Original 1983 Environmental Impact Report
- Addendum Prepared in 1996
- City Council Public Hearing - Tuesday, June 4, 2019 5:45 pm @ Council Chambers
- Planning Commission Public Hearing - Monday, May 13, 2019 5:30 pm @ Council Chambers
- Planning Commission Work Study Session - Thursday, February 28, 2019 5:00 pm @ Ross Annex Conference Room 1600
- Sunshine Ordinance Community Meeting – Thursday, May 31, 2018, from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm @ Former Nordstrom Department Store building, 2nd floor (2800 N. Main Street)
Bird's Eye view