Historic Resources Commission
Meeting day, time, and place
- First Thursday of every other month at 4:30 p.m.
- City Council Chamber
22 Civic Center Plaza
Santa Ana, CA 92701
The Historic Resources Commission shall have the following powers and duties:
- Consider all matters that may be referred to it by the City Council or the city manager and shall render its recommendations, counsel and advice in regards thereto.
- Carry out those duties enumerated in Chapter 30 of Santa Ana Municipal Code regarding places of historical and architectural significance.
- Advise and make recommendations to the City Council on applications for properties to be included in financial incentive programs participated in by the City for preservation of historic resources.
- Advise and make recommendations to the Planning Commission, City Counsel, and other City boards and commissions regarding historical projects and property.
- Recommend to the City Council policies and regulations regarding the protection, reuse and rehabilitation of historical property.
- Recommend to the City Council programs for the protection, retention, and use of historic resources including utilizing federal, state, local, and/or private funding sources and mechanisms such as Certified Local Government Program, Mills Act contracts, and the state Historic Building Code.
- Recommend to the City Council programs that confer recognition upon the owners of designated historic resources.
- Encourage public understanding and involvement in historic and architectural heritage.
Total of 9 members:
- Seven regular members
- One representative from the Planning Commission
- One representative from the Community Development and Housing Commission
- You must be a Santa Ana resident
- You cannot be a treasurer of a Political Action Commission
- You should possess an expertise and experience in the disciplines of architecture, history, architectural history, planning, or other historic preservation related disciplines, such as urban planning, to the extent that such professionals are available in the community