Welcome to the City Clerk's Office. The City Clerk is responsible for the care of official records and documents of the city such as agendas, minutes, resolutions, ordinances, and for providing and maintaining legal and historical records and information.
- To facilitate the legislative policy-making process.
- To accurately record and validate the proceedings of the City Council.
- To provide for timely and thorough access to public records.
- To conduct the City's elections as required by the City Charter and California Elections Code.
- And to carry out responsibilities as mandated by the State of California.
The City Clerk is the official record-keeper of the City of Santa Ana. Our office coordinates all municipal and special elections held by the City, coordinates the annual boards, commissions, and committees’ recruitment process, administers the records retention and destruction policy, and receives official filings required by the Fair Political Practices Commission, such as the Campaign Contribution Reports, Statements of Economic Interest, and other such filings.
The City Clerk's Office prepares and posts the City Council meeting agendas.
City Council meetings are televised live over local cable television, and re-broadcast over local cable television. They are also streamed live over the Internet and archived for a one-year period.
Related County services
Visit the County of Orange Clerk-Recorder if you need:
Birth and Death Certificates
Visit the Superior Court of California-County of Orange if you need:
Separation or divorce papers