Meeting Date, Time and Place
- On an as needed basis at 6:00 p.m.
- City Council Chamber
22 Civic Center Plaza
Santa Ana, CA 92701
- Hear appeals pertaining to the disciplinary suspension, demotion, or dismissal of any officer or employee having permanent status in any office, position, or employment in the civil service; and as otherwise provided for in the civil service rules and regulations.
- Consider matters that may be referred to it by the City Council or the City Manager and render such counsel and advice in regard thereto as may be requested by the referring authorities.
- By its own motion, make such studies and investigations as it may deem necessary for the formulation of civil service policies, or to determine the wisdom and efficacy of the policies, plans and procedures dealing with civil service matters and report its findings and recommendations to the City Manager or the City Council, or to both such authorities, as it may see fit.
- Conduct public hearings on all proposed amendments to or repeal of civil service rules and regulations in the manner as prescribed by ordinance, and advise the council of its findings in such matters within 60 days.
- Total of 7 members
- You must reside in Santa Ana.
- You cannot be a treasurer of a Political Action Committee.
- You cannot hold public office or employment in the city government, or be a candidate for any other public office or position.
- You cannot be an officer of any local, state, or national partisan political club or organization.
Other important stuff to know
- You will not eligible for appointment to any salaried office or employment in the service of the City of Santa Ana for one year after leaving the Personnel Board.
- You can only be removed from the Board for cause.