Meeting date, time, and place
- Second Tuesday of each month at 4:00 p.m.
- City Hall, Ross Annex, Room 1600
20 Civic Center Plaza
Santa Ana, CA 90701
- The duties of the Environmental and Transportation Advisory Commission (ETAC) shall consist of acting in an advisory capacity to the City Council in the study, review, and recommendations with regard to the removal, planting, replanting or disposition of public trees in the public right of way. ETAC shall review and make recommendations regarding requests for public tree removal by individual property owners, neighborhood associations, or developers. The ETAC shall make recommendations on designated species for specific streets and neighborhoods.
- ETAC will assist in the dissemination of news and information regarding the protection, maintenance, removal and planting of public trees on public property to the City Council and residents of Santa Ana.
- ETAC, when requested by the City Council, shall consider, investigate, make finding, report and recommend upon any special matters of question coming within the scope of the urban forest.
- The duties of ETAC shall also consist of acting in an advisory capacity to the city council, in the study, review, and recommendation related to master planning of transportation and streetscape matters, and guiding principles on water and wastewater matters.
- ETAC shall provide general input regarding the City’s Circulation Element, the Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plans, and Citywide Complete Streets, and advice on major surface transportation programs. ETAC may also provide input on street environment, streetscape, and right of way aesthetics.
- Total of 9 members:
- 7 regular members
- 1 Santa Ana Chamber of Commerce representative
- 1 Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Orange County representative
You must be a resident of Santa Ana.
You cannot be a treasurer of a Political Action Commission
Other important things to remember
- The two Chamber representatives are nominated by the respective Chamber of Commerce and are appointed by the City Council.
|Commissioner||Term expires||Ward represented|
|Brian Germain (Chair)||December 2022||Ward 2|
|Carl Benninger (Vice Chair)||December 2022||Ward 4|
|Jannelle Welker||December 2024||Ward 1|
|Dorian Romero||December 2024||Ward 3|
|Nathaniel Greensides||December 2024||Ward 5|
|Duane Rohrbacher||December 2022||Ward 6|
|Manuel J. Escamilla||December 2022||[citywide]|
|Janelle C. McLoughlin||January 2025||[Santa Ana Chamber of Commerce]|
|[Vacant]||Hispanic Chamber of Commerce|