Jump into the summer and make a splash with us at Summer Splash Day Camp.
Santa Ana Parks & Recreation staff hosts this summer youth program for ages 5-12 years at El Salvador Center, Jerome Center, and Salgado Center. This program strives to foster personal growth for youth by providing safe, enjoyable, and engaging outdoor activities. Participants can look forward to games, group activities, swim lessons, recreational swim time, lunch provided by the Santa Ana Unified School District, and exciting weekly off-site excursions!
Look forward to 10 fun-filled weeks, each with a different theme. The weekly fee is inclusive of all activities, lunch, and an excursion. Campers will be on-site Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Thursdays will be off-site excursion days. One shirt per participant is included at initial registration for the duration of the summer. Additional shirts may be purchased on-site while supplies. We kindly ask that all happy campers bring a water bottle and snack each day, and be prepared to wear the camp shirts on Thursdays for the planned excursions.
2023 Summer Splash Day Camp pricing:
Register before July 1st for an early bird discount and save $10!
- Residents weekly fee: $110
- Resident sibling rate (per additional family participant): $70
- Non-residents weekly fee: $130
- Non-resident sibling rate (per additional family participant): $90
Summer Splash Day Camp offered at three Santa Ana recreation centers:
Weekly themes and excursions for 2023 Summer Splash Camp from June 5 - August 11:
- Week 1 (June 5 - June 9): Swimming into Summer
- Thursday excursion: Splash! La Mirada
- Week 2 (June 12 - June 16): Little Picassos
- Thursday excursion: Getty Museum
- Week 3 (June 19 - June 23): Wild Jungle and Animal Adventures
- Thursday excursion: Santa Ana Zoo
- Week 4 (June 26 - June 30): Water Olympics
- Thursday excursion: Knott's Berry Farm
- Week 5 (July 3 - July 7): Earth Explorers
- No camp on Tuesday, July 4th
- Thursday excursion: La Brea Tar Pits
- Week 6 (July 10 - July 14): Under the Sea
- Thursday excursion: Disneyland
- Week 7 (July 17 - July 21): Space Cadets
- Thursday excursion: California Science Center
- Week 8 (July 24 - July 28): Pirates
- Thursday excursion: Knott's Soak City
- Week 9 (July 31 - August 4): Around the World
- Thursday excursion: Discovery Science Center
- Week 10 (August 7 - August 11): Luau
- Thursday event: End of summer BBQ event at each site
All excursions with transportation are included in the weekly camp fee for each participant. No guardians will be permitted on the excursions with the camp groups.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)?
- What is the "splash" part of camp?
- Swimming lessons are provided Monday - Wednesday as a part of the camp for all participants. American Red Cross Learn to Swim classes will be provided by City Aquatics staff to all campers based on age and ability.
- Open recreation swim will be provided on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Participants are required Monday - Wednesday to bring swim suit, towel, and sunscreen. Rash guards and goggles are optional. No floatation devices or swim masks with nose coverage are permitted in the pools.
- What is the cancellation policy?
- Cancellations are permitted one week prior to the first day of each camp. Refunds will be issued, minus a $16 administrative fee as long as staff are notified with at least one week notice.
- How can I meet the staff and ask questions about the program?
- A mandatory parent orientation will be held at each center on Thursday, May 18. Please contact your center location for more information regarding requirements and materials.