Scope of services
The Parks and Recreation team is dedicated to offering diverse and engaging opportunities for the community to LEARN, LIVE and EXPLORE. With over fifty parks and recreation facilities combined, our large scope of program services covers various ages, neighborhoods, and cultures. We are a passionate team that focuses on serving our community through park programs and services that support:
- Diverse parks and green spaces
- Dynamic programming
- Equitable recreation opportunities
- Green connections
- Community culture and identity
- Youth engagement and development
- Overall well-being
The agency is made up of two divisions: zoo and recreation.
- The Santa Ana Zoo provides an urban oasis for countless visitors for over 50 years. It is our mission to instill a passion for the natural world through recreation, education and conservation. We offer exciting programs and events for people of all ages.
The recreation division delivers programming to the community through seven core sections:
The City of Santa Ana has created its very first Parks Master Plan to help guide our investment in parks, facilities, trails, and open space. This is a long-range plan that will help prioritize park projects for the next ten years.
PARKS MAKE LIFE BETTER and our agency is always looking for new team members who are interested in joining the park people movement. Whether you are looking to volunteer or searching for your next career, there is always something new to explore within the Santa Ana Parks and Recreation agency.
Navigate back to the Parks and Recreation menu