The Santa Ana and Southwest Senior Centers provide a variety of services and programs for the senior population. Registration is required prior to participating in the recreation, educational and fitness activities each senior center offers. The Senior Centers are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location and contact information are as follows:
Senior food assistance programs
- In-person Congregate Meals
- Both Senior Centers offer in-person meal service Monday through Friday, in partnership with Meals on Wheels Orange County.
- Registration is required. Seniors must be 60 years and older to participate in the Congregate Meals service. The Emergency Shelf Stable Meals Service will also continue as funding allows.
- Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)
- Monthly food assistance program specifically targeted at low-income seniors is available.
- Distributions take place on the second and third Thursday of the month. Registration required to receive a bag of non-perishable food items. Contact your nearest senior center for additional details on distribution times and other program details.
Senior Mobility Program – transportation services
- Seniors needing transportation to-and-from their homes and a senior center can register for this free service.
- Program operates Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In addition to the daily transportation service to-and-from the senior centers, the Senior Mobility Program also offers weekly shopping trips to local grocery and retail stores. Miniature fieldtrips and excursions to regional attractions will resume again shortly.
- For more information on the Senior Mobility Program, please call (714) 571-4230.
Senior support services
- Seniors that need additional support can call 2-1-1 and for In-Home Supportive Services (714) 825-3000.