Public property – streets and sidewalks


Special events on public property such as streets and sidewalks

Events held on public property that will impact streets and sidewalks require a special event permit. Events of this nature may include festivals, concerts, neighborhood block parties, marches, rallies, posadas, or any other activity that may impact the normal flow of pedestrian or vehicle traffic. Steps to secure a special event permit involving a street closure:

  • Complete a City Public Property Use Permit Application (also called a “Street Closure Permit Application”)
  • If a street closure is required attach a petition form signed by all of the businesses and residents within the boundaries of the special event (included in the application form)
  • Attach a site plan showing how your event will be set up
  • Submit the completed form to the Police Department Permit Counter located at City Hall. Allow 30 business days for processing
  • Submit Permit Application Fee of $168.68 to the Police Department Plan Check Counter located in City Hall. Please make checks payable to the City of Santa Ana

For more information City public property special event permits please call (714) 647-5840.

Close window