Carl Thornton Park, is a 32.83-acre city park located near the intersection of Segerstrom Ave. and Bear St. The park offers picnic areas, lake, ball diamonds, a fitness court and playground for tots/youth. The park is located at 1801 W. Segerstrom Avenue.
- 32.83 acres
- George Upton All Access Park, formerly Kiwanis Barrier Free Playground
- Ball Diamonds
- Bike Trail
- Multi-purpose Field
- 103 Parking stalls
- Hiking/Exercise Trail
- Basketball Courts
- Drinking Fountain
- Fitness Courts
- Hiking trails
- Full-body workout
Reserve an athletic facility
Visit our Athletic facility webpage to learn more about reserving a facility at Thornton Park.
The park is closed from 11:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. every day.
- Defacing park property (Santa Ana Municipal Code (SAMC) 31-2.4)
- Alcohol and drunkenness (SAMC 31-2.1)
- Smoking (SAMC 31-2.19)
- Gambling (SAMC 31-2.7)
- Fires (SAMC 31-2.6)
- Firearms and dangerous instruments (SAMC 31-2.5)
- Motor vehicles (SAMC 31-2.16)
- Events and vending without a permit (SAMC 31-3)
- Amplified noise (SAMC 31-2.10)
- Unleashed animals and animal waste (SAMC 31-2.2)
- Camping (SAMC 31-2.3)
- Skateboarding, except in designated areas (SAMC 31-5)
Do not use this park if hazardous conditions exist. Report any hazards or damage immediately at (714) 571 - 4200.