The Santa Ana Police Department has discontinued bicycle registration and recommends all registrants to Bike Index. Bike Index is a national database for bicycles and has a high return rate for stolen/recovered bicycles.
Bicycle rider rules
- Keep your bicycle in good mechanical condition (tires, chain, brakes).
- Obey all traffic rules and signs - always give proper hand signals.
- Walk your bike across busy intersections.
- Always ride with the traffic - as close as practicable to the right side of the road.
- Be sure the roadway is clear before entering.
- Always ride single file and watch for opening car doors.
- Most bicycles are built to carry one person - YOU, and you alone.
- If you must ride your bike at night, be sure your headlight and reflectors are in good condition.
- Select the safest route to your destination and use it. Avoid busy streets and intersections.
- Yield right of way to pedestrians.
- Always wear a bicycle helmet.