All social media platforms maintained by the Santa Ana Police Department are designated as Limited Public Forums. The Santa Ana Police Department maintains several websites and social media platforms including, but not limited to, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, and Nixle. These platforms may be used as a source to share news and relevant topics with members of the community.
The Santa Ana Police Department welcomes relevant and appropriate contributions and comments from visitors to any Santa Ana Police Department website/social media platform, including this page. The opinions expressed by visitors, do not: (1) reflect the opinions or policies of the Santa Ana Police Department; (2) imply endorsement of, or agreement by, the Santa Ana Police Department.
The Santa Ana Police Department will not remove content solely based on expression of a viewpoint that is protected by the First Amendment.
The Santa Ana Police Department expressly reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments, content or material, and/or block any user who posts inappropriate comments, content, or material, without prior notice.
Inappropriate comments, content, or material includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Profane, obscene, vulgar or abusive language
- Defamatory statements
- Threats to any person or organization
- Offensive comments, content or material that targets or disparage persons based upon their ethnicity, race, gender, national origin, religious beliefs and/or sexual orientation
- Pornographic or sexually obscene content or material or links to pornographic or sexually obscene content or material
- Sensitive information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems, including information that could compromise an ongoing investigation and/or interfere with or compromise law enforcement investigations, police tactics, police responses to incidents and/or the safety of police officersand police department personnel
- Content that violates the right to privacy
- Spam or links to other sites
- Comments, content, or material that incites, advocates or encourages or promotes illegal activity or violence
- Harassment or content that constitutes and/or facilitates stalking
- Conduct in violation of federal, state or local law
- Content that advertises, promotes, or offers to trade any goods or services
- Comments in support of, or in opposition to, any political campaigns, candidates, or ballot measures
- Content or material that infringes on any copyrights or trademarks
- Personal identifiable medical information