The use of illegal fireworks may contribute to serious injuries and fires in our community. The Santa Ana Police Department wants to remind the community that possession and/or use of illegal fireworks is a crime. Possession of illegal fireworks is a crime that can result in a minimum fine of 1,000 dollars or up to one year in jail.
As the Fourth of July approaches, we would like to remind our community that only fireworks bearing the “Safe and Sane” seal are permitted to be used within the city limits.
Report possession or use of illegal fireworks
- Call the Fireworks hotline: (714) 245-8771
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the form below
Report Illegal fireworks using this form:
When you can use safe-and-sane fireworks
“Safe and Sane” fireworks are only allowed to be used within the City limits, during the following days and hours:
- July 1 – 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- July 2 – 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- July 3 – 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- July 4 – 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.