What is a Parks Master Plan?
Santa Ana is creating our very first Parks Master Plan to guide our investment in parks, facilities, trails, and open space. This is a long-range plan that will help prioritize park projects for the next ten years.
The Santa Ana Parks Master Plan "PMP" will:
- Include opportunities for community and stakeholder involvement, including a public survey, to ensure the Master Plan reflects the needs of our residents
- Involve an Advisory Board to inform Master Plan decisions
- Provide an overarching investment strategy to address high-priority, ongoing, and unmet park system needs
- Address park access and equity issues on a citywide scale
- Recommended park and facility improvement projects and examine park maintenance issues
- Establish directions to enhance parks, recreation facilities, trails, events, and programs to support community livability, park safety, trail connectivity, health and wellness, and our quality of life.
Your Opinion Matters! TAKE THE SURVEY!
Tell us how we can make parks, trails, and recreation activities better for you, your family, and our entire community!
Learn about Santa Ana’s existing park system. Information will be available May 2021
Meetings and Events
Find information about meetings, view slide presentations, and read discussion summaries.