About Our Meetings
Official City meetings are open to the public and members are encouraged to participate in their government. Agendas, minutes, and staff reports from 2014 to the present are posted on this site. If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk of the Council office at (714) 647-6520.
- Calendar of Regular City Council Meetings
- Archived and Current City Council Agenda Reports, Written Public Comments, Contracts, Minutes, Open Calendars, Ordinances, and Resolutions
- Subscribe to receive agendas directly to your email for any of the official City meetings including City Council and/or Board/Commission.
- Zoom App Download
City Council Meetings
The City Council meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month. Regular Closed Sessions begin at 5:00 p.m. and the Regular Open Meeting at 5:45 p.m. (or immediately following the Closed Session Meeting). For Special meetings, please see the agenda as posted. Meetings are broadcast live and archived for your convenience.
To watch or listen only:
- Public Portal to City Meetings
- YouTube Livestream
- Channel CTV3, available on Spectrum channel 3 and AT&T U-verse channel 99
COVID-19 Measures: Due to Governor Gavin Newsom’s Executive Order and the City Council's Proclamation of Local Emergency, there will be no in-person meeting location for members of the public to attend the City Council meeting. The City Council meeting will occur live via teleconference Zoom webinar. You may view the meeting from your computer, tablet or smart phone via YouTube LiveStream at www.youtube.com/user/SantaAnaLibrary or on CTV3, available on Spectrum channel 3 and AT&T U-verse channel 99.
To Provide Comments:
Members of the public who wish to address the City Council on closed session items, items on the regular agenda or on matters which are not on the agenda, but are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council may do so by:
- MAILING OPTION written communications – Public comments may be mailed to: Office of the Clerk of the Council, 20 Civic Center Plaza M-30, Santa Ana, CA 92701. All written communications received via mail by 4:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting will be distributed to the City Council and imaged into the City’s document archive system which is available for public review; or
- E-MAIL OPTION – Public comments may be sent via email to the City Clerk’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting. Please note the agenda item you are commenting on in the subject line of the email. Comments received after the cut off will be included imaged into the City’s document archive system which is available for public review as early as possible; or
- LIVE COMMENTS OPTION – Members of the public may provide live comments during the meeting by Zoom or Conference Call. To join by Zoom click on or type the following address into your web browser https://us02web.zoom.us/j/315965149; or Call (669) 900-9128 and enter Meeting ID: 315-965-149#. You will be prompted by the City Clerk when it is time for i) general public comment, ii) to speak on a specific agenda item or iii) for a public hearing item. You may request to speak by dialing *9 from your phone or you may virtually raise your hand from Zoom. After the Clerk confirms the last three digits of the caller’s phone number or Zoom ID and unmutes them, the caller must press *6 or microphone icon to speak. Callers are encouraged, but not required, to identify themselves by name. Each caller will be provided three (3) minutes to speak, unless due to the number of speakers wanting to speak a decision is made to provide a different amount of time to speak.
LIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS ON CLOSED SESSION ITEMS – You can provide live comments on closed session items by joining Zoom or the Conference Call as described in the LIVE COMMENTS OPTION above. Speaker queue will open at 4:30 p.m. YOU MUST JOIN ZOOM OR THE CONFERENCE CALL BY 5:00 p.m. Speakers who are not in the speaker queue by 5:00 p.m. will not be permitted to speak.
LIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS ON REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS AND NON-AGENDA ITEMS (GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT) – You can provide comments by joining Zoom or the Conference Call as described in the LIVE COMMENTS OPTION above. Speaker queue will open at 4:30 p.m. YOU MUST JOIN ZOOM OR THE CONFERENCE CALL PRIOR TO 6:00 p.m. Speakers who are not in the speaker queue by 6:00 p.m. will not be permitted to speak.
LIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS ON PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – You can provide comments by joining Zoom or the Conference Call as described in the LIVE COMMENTS OPTION above. Speakers not in the queue by 6:00 p.m. will not be permitted to speak.
In accordance with the adopted Santa Ana Council Rules and Procedures (Resolution No. 2013-19), disruptive behavior and profane language will not be tolerated.
The City of Santa Ana thanks residents for their ongoing patience and flexibility as we continue to balance safety and public participation.
Boards and Commissions
Agendas, minutes, and audio records for all Board and Commission meetings are posted on this page. Current meetings and agendas are accessible on the Public Portal to City Meetings. For specific information, such as the regular meeting dates and roles and responsibilities of each Board or Commission, please click here.
Planning Commission Meetings
The Commission meets on the second and fourth Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. For Special meetings, please see the agenda as posted. In light of COVID-19, meetings will be held in virtual setting via Zoom. For detailed information on how to participate, please visit the Meeting Participation page.
ABOUT THE AGENDA
To view the agenda and items, select HTML Agenda. Note that the HTML agenda is powered by Google Translate. To download or view the attachments (staff report and other supporting documentation) to each agenda item, you must select the agenda item to see the options to view select the item and you will see an option to either open in a new link (the eyeball) or download a pdf (the cloud symbol with the down arrow).
If you are accessing this agenda from a tablet or mobile device, please click on the three dots ( ) below "Documents" to click on the HTML agenda.