Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Virtual Meeting Options
There are a number of meetings and gatherings being postponed or canceled due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). At this point, we are continuing to hold City Council and Planning Commission meetings so we can conduct essential business, but we also want to respond to health concerns that encourage social distancing. In an effort to provide remote community participation for our City Council meetings, we are piloting real-time online commenting on agenda items by phone and email. Our goal is for you to be able to watch and participate in the meeting from your home.
Due to Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order and the City Council's Proclamation of Local Emergency, we can no longer offer an in-person meeting location for the community to attend public meetings. We are offering three remote ways to view the meeting: Cable, YouTube, or Live Stream.
About our Meetings
Official city meetings are open to the public and members encouraged to participate in their government. Agendas, Minutes and staff reports from 2014 to the present are posted on this site. If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk of the Council office at: (714) 647-6520.
- Calendar of Regular City Council Meetings
- The Understanding Your City Council Meeting Agenda pamphlet provides an explanation of the various categories on the agenda
- Map of the Santa Ana Civic Center for meeting location information
- City Council Agenda Reports, Contracts, Minutes, Open Calendars, Ordinances and Resolutions
- Public comments on any agenda item may be emailed to eComment@santa-ana.org and are disclosable.
- In an effort to protect public health and prevent the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the City of Santa Ana encourages the public to view this City Council meeting on television or online instead of attending in person. The meeting is broadcast live on Spectrum TV channel 3 and AT&T U-verse channel 99 and livestreamed online at www.santa-ana.org/cc/city-meetings. Members of the public who wish to comment on matters before the council, in lieu of doing so in person, may submit comments by emailing eComment@santa-ana.org, which will be provided to Council as part of the Council meeting record and will be uploaded to the City's website.
- Subscribe to receive agendas direct to your email for any of the official City meetings including: City Council, Council Committees and/or Board/Commission
City Council Meetings
The City Council meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month in the Council Chamber, 22 Civic Center Plaza, Santa Ana. Closed Sessions are at 5:00 pm and the Regular Open Meeting at 5:45 pm (immediately following the Closed Session Meeting). Meetings are broadcast live and archived for your convenience.
- City Council Meeting - Broadcast Schedule
- City Council Meeting - English Livestream
- City Council Meeting - Spanish Livestream
- City Council Meeting 3/17/2020 - YouTube Livestream
Agendas and Minutes for all past council committee meetings are posted on the Archive section of this site.
Boards and Commissions
Agendas and Minutes for all board and commission meetings are posted on this site. For specific detailed information on boards and commissions such as regular meeting dates, and roles and responsibilities, click here.