About our Meetings
Official city meetings are open to the public and members encouraged to participate in their government. Agendas, Minutes and staff reports from 2014 to the present are posted on this site. If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk of the Council office at: (714) 647-6520.
- Calendar of Regular City Council Meetings
- The Understanding Your City Council Meeting Agenda pamphlet provides an explanation of the various categories on the agenda
- Map of the Santa Ana Civic Center for meeting location information
- City Council Agenda Reports, Written Public Comments, Contracts, Minutes, Open Calendars, Ordinances and Resolutions
- Public comments on any agenda item may be emailed to eComment@santa-ana.org and are disclosable.
- In an effort to protect public health and prevent the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the City of Santa Ana encourages the public to view this City Council meeting on television or online instead of attending in person. The meeting is broadcast live on Spectrum TV channel 3 and AT&T U-verse channel 99 and livestreamed in YouTube at www.youtube.com/user/SantaAnaLibrary/videos. Members of the public who wish to comment on matters before the council, in lieu of doing so in person, may submit comments by emailing eComment@santa-ana.org, which will be provided to Council as part of the Council meeting record and will be uploaded to the City's website.
- Subscribe to receive agendas direct to your email for any of the official City meetings including: City Council and/or Board/Commission
City Council Meetings
The City Council meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month in the Council Chamber, 22 Civic Center Plaza, Santa Ana. Regular Closed Sessions are at 5:00 pm and the Regular Open Meeting at 5:45 pm (immediately following the Closed Session Meeting). For Special meetings please see the agenda as posted. Meetings are broadcast live and archived for your convenience.
COVID-19 Measures: In response to Governor Newsom’s latest action on COVID-related closures statewide and for counties on the State’s targeted engagement list, the Santa Ana City Council reverted back to virtual meetings as of July 21, 2020.
In an ongoing effort to protect public health and prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), and to ensure the public’s right to fully participate in providing meaningful public comments, the City Council will meet via teleconference and there will be no in-person public meeting location. The public is advised of the following:
Public comments will be held during the beginning of the meeting for ALL comments on agenda and non-agenda items, except for public hearings for Regular Council meetings. Comments for public hearings will take place after the hearing is opened. This is being done to respect the time constraints of residents who cannot stay tuned late into the evening to comment on items that they feel strongly about.
Individuals who would like to comment on an agenda item or make a general comment, with the exception of Special Council meetings, regarding a topic not in the meeting’s agenda may do so by:
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m. on Regular Council meeting Tuesday or 3:00 p.m. for Special Council meeting Tuesday. Comments received after the cut off will be included as part of the record as early as possible; or
Calling (669) 900-9128, entering the Meeting ID: 315-965-149#. The public can begin joining the speaker queue at 3:30 p.m. Once a caller has entered the meeting, they will be placed in a holding queue. In accordance with Council Procedures, calls will not be accepted after the public comment session begins. Callers will be prompted to speak in the order received, and after the Clerk confirms the last three digits of their phone number, are encouraged, but not required to identify themselves by name. Each caller will be provided three (3) minutes to speak.
Regular Meeting Comments on public hearing items may be made via email or by phone once the public hearing begins when the call line will be re-opened. Callers will be prompted to speak in the order received, and after the Clerk confirms the last three digits of their phone number, are encouraged, but not required to identify themselves by name. Each caller will be provided three (3) minutes to speak. In accordance with council procedures, calls will not be accepted after the public comment session begins.
Special Meeting Comments are limited to items listed on the agenda and may be made via email or by phone once the presiding officer opens the public comment period. Callers will be prompted to speak in the order received, and after the Clerk confirms the last three digits of their phone number, are encouraged, but not required to identify themselves by name. Each caller will be provided three (3) minutes to speak. In accordance with council procedures, calls will not be accepted after the public comment session begins.
In accordance with the adopted Santa Ana Council Rules and Procedures (Resolution No. 2013-19) disruptive behavior and profane language will not be tolerated. Failure to maintain decorum may cause the speaker to be disconnected from the meeting.
All members of the public may watch or listen into the meeting live via these remote options:
- YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/cityofsantaanavideos/live
- Channel CTV3, available on Spectrum channel 3 and AT&T U-verse channel 99
- Teleconferencing line at (669) 900-9128, Meeting ID: 315-965-149#
- Spanish audio can be heard on http://santaana.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish_id=1
The City of Santa Ana thanks residents for their ongoing patience and flexibility as we continue to balance safety and public participation.
Agendas and Minutes for all past council committee meetings are posted on the Archive section of this site.
Boards and Commissions
Agendas, minutes, and audio records for all board and commission meetings are posted on this page. Past meetings may be found in the Archives section under the Boards and Commissions tab. For specific information, such as the regular meeting dates and roles and responsibilities of each board or commission, please click here.
COVID-19 Measures: Due to the ongoing pandemic, board and commission meetings are being conducted virtually. In order to participate in the meeting, members of the public may call (669) 900-9128 and enter Meeting ID: 315 965 149#. Those who would like to speak on a specific agenda item or make a general comment may let City staff know by dialing *9 to virtually raise their hand.
Planning Commission Meetings
The Planning Commission meets on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month in the Council Chamber, 22 Civic Center Plaza, Santa Ana. Regular meetings are at 5:30 pm. For Special meetings please see the agenda as posted. Meetings are broadcast live on YouTube for your convenience.