About the agenda
To view the agenda and items, select HTML Agenda. Note that the HTML agenda is powered by Google Translate. To download or view the attachments (staff report and other supporting documentation) for each agenda item, you must select the agenda item and you will see an option to either open in a new link (the eyeball) or download a pdf (the cloud symbol with the down arrow).
If you are accessing this agenda from a tablet or mobile device, please click on the three dots ( ) below "Documents" to click on the HTML agenda.
About our public meetings
Official City meetings are open to the public and we encourage you to participate. Agendas, minutes, staff reports, and other related documents, from 2014 to the present, are available above. If you have any questions, please contact the City Clerk's office at (714) 647-6520.
Public comments on any agenda item may be emailed to eComment@santa-ana.org. Comments are distributed to the City Council, posted online, and made part of the meeting record.
Driving directions to Santa Ana Council Chamber, 22 Civic Center Plaza.
Map of the Santa Ana Civic Center and surrounding area.
City Council meeting schedule
The City Council meets on the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Santa Ana City Hall - Council Chamber, located at 22 Civic Center Plaza, Santa Ana, CA 92701. Closed session meetings begin at 5:00 p.m. and the regular open meetings begin at 5:45 p.m. (immediately following the closed session meeting). Meetings are broadcast live and archived for your convenience.
PUBLIC COMMENTS – Members of the public who wish to address the City Council on closed session items, items on the regular agenda or on matters which are not on the agenda but are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council may do so by one of the following ways:
- MAILING OPTION written communications – Public comments may be mailed to: the Office of the City Clerk, 20 Civic Center Plaza M-30, Santa Ana, CA 92701. All written communications received via mail by 4:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting will be distributed to the City Council and imaged into the City’s document archive system which is available for public review.
- SENDING E-MAIL OPTION – Public comments may be sent via email to the City Clerk’s office at eComment@santa-ana.org. Please note the agenda item you are commenting on in the subject line of the email. All emails received two (2) hours before the scheduled start of the meeting will be distributed to the City Council and imaged into the City’s document archive system which is available for public review.
- LIVE VIRTUAL OPTION – Members of the public may provide live comments during the meeting by Zoom or Conference Call. To join by Zoom, click on or type the following address into your web browser https://us02web.zoom.us/j/315965149. To join the Conference Call: Dial (669) 900-9128 and enter MEETING ID: 315 965 149#. You will be prompted by the City Clerk when it is time for a: i) closed session item, ii) general agenda item, iii) public hearing item, iv) special agenda item, or v) for Housing Authority item. You may request to speak by dialing *9 from your phone or you may virtually raise your hand from Zoom. After the Clerk confirms the last three digits of the caller’s phone number or Zoom ID and unmutes them, the caller must press *6 or microphone icon to speak. Callers are encouraged, but not required, to identify themselves by name. Each caller will be provided three (3) minutes to speak, unless due to the number of speakers wanting to speak a decision is made to provide a different amount of time to speak.
- IN-PERSON OPTION - Members of the public can provide in-person comments at the podium in the Council Chamber. The Council Chamber will have seating available for members of the public to attend the meeting in-person. Public comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker, unless a different time is announced by the presiding chair. Speakers who wish to address the Council must do so by submitting a “Request to Speak” card by 5:00 p.m. for Closed Session items and by 6:00 p.m. for all other designated public comment periods as listed below. Cards will not be accepted after the Public Comment Session begins without the permission of the presiding chair.
The following designated public comment periods are:
1. LIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS ON CLOSED SESSION ITEMS – You can provide live comments on closed session items by joining Zoom or the Conference Call as described in the LIVE or IN-PERSON PUBLIC COMMENTS OPTION above. Speaker queue will open at 4:30 p.m. YOU MUST JOIN ZOOM OR THE CONFERENCE CALL AND RAISE HAND BY 5:00 p.m. Speakers who are not in the speaker queue by 5:00 p.m. will not be permitted to speak.
2. LIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS ON REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS AND NON-AGENDA ITEMS (GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT) – You can provide comments by joining Zoom or the Conference Call as described in the LIVE or IN-PERSON PUBLIC COMMENTS OPTION above. Speaker queue will open at 4:30 p.m. YOU MUST JOIN ZOOM OR THE CONFERENCE CALL AND RAISE HAND PRIOR TO 6:00 p.m. Speakers who are not in the speaker queue by 6:00 p.m. will not be permitted to speak.
3. LIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS ON PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS – You can provide comments by joining Zoom or the Conference Call as described in the LIVE or IN-PERSON PUBLIC COMMENTS OPTION above. Speakers not in the queue by 6:00 p.m. will not be permitted to speak.
COVID-19 and meeting participation
In an effort to protect public health and prevent the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we encourage you to view the City Council meeting if you are sick or show symptoms COVID-19. The City Council meeting will occur live via teleconference Zoom webinar. You may view the meeting from your computer, tablet or smart phone via YouTube LiveStream at www.youtube.com/user/SantaAnaLibrary or on CTV3, available on Spectrum channel 3. If you'd like to comment on city council meeting agenda items, in lieu of doing so in person, you can submit comments by emailing us. Your written comment will be provided to the City Council as part of the official record and will be available for viewing on the City's website.