An estate sale is held when the resident is either deceased or must be relocated to a care facility and the home will be vacated and/or sold.
- If you are going to hold an estate sale, call Code Enforcement at (714) 667-2780 and provide the following information:
- Address for sale
- Date(s) of the sale
- Who is running the sale?
- If you are conducting the sale on behalf of a resident as a business operation, you must have a business license for the sale. If you are selling on behalf of a relative, no license is required.
- All estate sales must abide by the following guidelines:
- All items must be kept out of public view, either within the home or in the backyard or a garage.
- All items must be from the household - you cannot bring in other items for resale.
- All signs for the sale must be professional in nature and include either the address for the sale or the phone number of the seller.
- One sign may be displayed in the front yard of the property.
- Directional signs may be posted in the same manner as real estate open house signs.
- Signs may not be posted on telephone poles, streetlights, traffic signs, city trees, or any other structure in the public right-of-way.
For additional information call Code Enforcement at (714) 667-2780