Santa Ana Code Enforcement officers work closely within the community to protect public health, safety and welfare, enforcing city codes related to nuisance and land use violations. Code Enforcement Officers examine properties either in response to a complaint or as part of ongoing proactive enforcement efforts. Businesses or property owners not in compliance are given an opportunity to correct the violations voluntarily. However, failure to comply with the municipal or adopted code can result in fines and legal action. It is our goal to educate and work cooperatively with the residents and businesses of the community we serve in order to meet the community’s standards and create a pleasant quality of life for everyone in the City of Santa Ana.
All public counter assistance and services will be handled by phone, email, or via teleconference. However, Code Enforcement will still continue to provide the following:
- Health & safety inspections
- Responses to imminent and dangerous situations involving life and safety concerns
- Non-life safety inspections, enforcements, and issues when they can be completed from the public right away. This may include QOLT and general property maintenance concerns, site survey, Santa Ana Police Department, and Orange County Fire Authority requests
- Cannabis Office & Operations Logistics (714) 565-2637
- Enforcement and fines for non-life safety issues as deemed appropriate by a code enforcement manager