- Residents – An application was available through October 26th, 2023 for residents interested in being a member of the City’s EJ Action Committee. Each EJ cluster (Northeast, Southeast, Southwest, West, and Central) will be represented by one resident on the EJ Action Committee. Printed applications were made available at City community centers, senior centers, the Delhi Center, and the City's Main and Newhope public libraries.
- Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) – An application was available through October 26th, 2023 for local community-based organizations (CBOs) interested in joining the EJ Action Committee. CBOs must have direct EJ project involvement and experience in Santa Ana. The EJ Action committee has two (2) seats for CBO representation. The residents representing each EJ Cluster on the EJ Action Committee will select the two CBO representatives when they first meet in January 2024. Announcement for the CBOs will be made at the committees first meeting.
What were the requirements for Santa Ana Residents?
- Must reside in an Environmental Justice/Disadvantaged area community. Refer to the Disadvantaged Communities and Neighborhood Locator map if you are not sure if you reside within that area.
- Commit to meet regularly on weeknights and possibly weekends (approximately 5 hours per month) for a period of two and a half years from October 2023 - March 2026
- Have recent experience and active participation with the General Plan and/or EJ issues
What was the review timeline and selection process?
The application deadline was extended to Thursday, October 26th, 2023 by 11:59 p.m. The City will review applications and select the resident representatives in December 2023.
The application period is closed. New applications are no longer being accepted.