Neighborhood Initiatives and Environmental Services (NIES) functions are to promote community solutions, capacity building, and civic engagement in addressing environmental justice challenges within the City as identified in the General Plan. NIES will champion the important work and collaboration ahead regarding the framework and next steps for the implementation phases that focus on improving the environmental health, sustainability, and quality of life for disadvantaged communities and the overall City of Santa Ana.
This page shares State, Federal, and local agencies and organizations' data, reports, and news on environmental topics influencing Santa Ana's environmental quality. Information will continue to be posted as it is made available. View each agency page to learn more.
*NEW* Santa Ana Environmental Regulators Facilities maps. The Interactive Legend map lets you filter layers by selecting or deselecting features in the legend. For more information on a specific facility go to the link provided in the pop-up box. For the Nearby map create reports on facilities near your home. Scroll to the bottom of this page to view the maps.
- SCAQMD has issued a Notice of Intent to Issue Permit to Applicant: Petro Mart, 1131 S Main St to construct and operate a gasoline storage and dispensing station. Deadline to submit comments to SCAQMD is May 6, 2023. SCAQMD Public Notice Petro Mart
- Press release - UCI researchers are helping City of Santa Ana address environmental injustice
- UCI Takes First Place in EPA Environmental Justice Video Challenge for Students
- SCAQMD Carl Moyer Program - Financial Incentives for Purchasing Zero-Emission and Low-Emission Heavy Duty Vehicles. Deadline to apply is May 9, 2023
- OEHHA Help Design A Community Science Model - Become one of multiple partners helping CalEPA co-create a community science model
- EPA Finds Methylene Chloride Poses an Unreasonable Risk to Human Health - www.epa.gov/assessing-and-managing-chemicals-under-tsca/final-risk-evaluation-methylene-chloride
- Attorney General Rob Bonta says companies face millions in liability for PFAS contamination - https://www.siliconvalley.com/2022/11/10/california-files-major-lawsuit-to-clean-up-chemicals-it-calls-toxic-and-harmful-to-human-health-and-the-environment/
- SCAQMD has issued a Notice of Intent to Issue Permit to Applicant: Dan Gurney’s All American Racers, 2434 S. Broadway, Santa Ana to construct and operate one new paint spray booth. SCAQMD Public Notice Dan Gurneys All American Racers Inc
- UCI EcoGovLab Press Release: Preparing for Chemical Disasters - https://faculty.sites.uci.edu/fortunlab/2022/10/04/torrance-toxic-tour/
- Former DICEON Electronics Inc. Facility, 2215 S. Standard Avenue:
DTSC Approval of Interim Remedial Action Plan June 25, 2021
Interim Remedial Action Plan