The CalifornianForAll (CA4All) Youth Employment Program is a Governor’s initiative administered by California Volunteers in partnership with cities across California. Santa Ana is one of the 13 cities in California that received funds. The purpose is to increase youth employment, develop youth interest in a career in public service and to strengthen city capacity to address key areas of climate, food insecurity, and local COVID-19 recovery.
How the program works
The CaliforniansForAll youth employment program is administered by the Santa Ana WORK Center and provides paid work experience to youth ages 16 to 30 years old. Youth must complete an application and submit the required documents either in person in our office or online.
Who the program is for
Our program targets Santa Ana residents. Selected youth participants will work 20 to29 hours per week. If you are under 18, you must submit a Request for Work Permit along with your application, and have your parent or guardian sign it.
About the selection process
The selection process is first-come, first-served, and meet the following criteria:
- Live in Santa Ana
- Youth must be 16 to 30 years of age.
- Be a citizen of the United States or have legal permission to work in the United States.
- Meet two of the seven program eligibility criteria listed below:
- Have not participated in an AmeriCorps program
- Have difficulty finding employment
- Are low-income
- Are unemployed and/or out of school
- Are or were justice-involved
- Are in or transitioning from foster care
- Engaged with the mental health or substance abuse system
- Must complete an application online or in person and provide required documentation.
How to apply
Submit your completed application online or in person at 801 W Civic Center Drive, Suite 200, Santa Ana, CA 92701.
For questions, call (714) 565-2600 or e-mail email@example.com.
For businesses who are interested in becoming a worksite and provide meaningful work experience to our Santa Ana Youth, please contact us at (714) 565-2644 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org