One of the key focuses of Revive Santa Ana is helping keep our residents healthy and safe--and helping minimize the spread of COVID-19. We will soon be launching several programs to invest in our public spaces, parks, businesses, and more.
Upgrade Park Restrooms at Campesino, Madison, El Salvador, Angels, Windsor, and Jerome Parks - $3,000,000
- An important part of public health is having clean, accessible restrooms at our parks, allowing our residents to spend more time outdoors, being active and enjoying the fresh air. Five of our parks will get new restrooms from this project.
Revive 5K Run - $60,000
- A community 5K event, featuring a health fair and vaccine clinic, to help encourage our residents to come outside and be active.
First St. Slope Stabilization - $5,000,000
- The First Street Slope Stabilization Project includes the installation of hardscape along dirt slopes near a railroad undercrossing, new security fencing, and a stormwater treatment device. The dirt slopes are severely eroded, which leads to the discharge of sediment into the City’s storm drain system during rain events. Additionally, encampments that form at the top of the slopes lead to the discharge of trash and debris during rain events. The goal of this project is to improve water quality via the stabilization of the dirt slopes, elimination of trespassing and encampments, and installation of a stormwater treatment device. This project will also improve pedestrian safety as the top of slopes will no longer be accessible to the public.
Addition of Park/Open Space - $11,300,000
- Acquiring a property at 10th and Flower to create a new park.
Santa Ana Winter Village - $950,000
- From December 2021 through January 2022, we transformed the Civic Center into a Winter Village, bringing in an ice rink, a mini Santa's Village, and other festive events into the heart of our City. Other events and activities were brought in each week, including a farmer's market and a food truck area, all to promote healthy, outdoor activities and bring foot traffic to our downtown area.
Healthy Food Access - $1,500,000
- Creating a central Farmer's Market for healthy food choices, including produce grown in community gardens.
Rapid Response Homeless Services - $3,135,000
- The Santa Ana Multi-Disciplinary Response Teams program (SMART) will address all non-emergency homeless calls in an effort to increase outreach focused on providing services, addressing mental health and helping more individuals transition out of homelessness.
Security Upgrades at Senior and Community Centers and Parks - $1,000,000
- Funds to provide security cameras to enhance security in parks, trails, and senior and community centers.
Public Health Plaza and Wellness Programming - $4,000,000
- Transformation of the courtyard outside of City Hall into an ADA-compliant Public Health Plaza. These improvements will also include two (2) new plaza restrooms accessible from the outside and the renovation of existing restrooms inside the Council Chambers. This outdoor Public Health plaza will be utilized for a variety of purposes, not limited to the following: host COVID-19 vaccination clinics, staging area for COVID testing, health/wellness programming/training, public communication efforts, community meetings, public recreation event space, and alternative/overflow outdoor Council Meeting space.