Tenant FAQ

What should I do if I want to add/remove a family member?

To add or remove a family member, please complete a Change Report Form and submit proper documentation. If you are adding a family member, please provide a written statement as to why you wish to add the family member. If you are removing a family member, please provide proof of new address.

What should I do if I want to move?

If you are a tenant on our housing choice voucher program

  1. Serve a 30-Day notice to vacate to your property manager
  2. Submit a copy of the 30-Day notice to your housing specialist
  3. Once processed, your housing specialist will provide you with a request for tenancy approval (RTA) packet and an updated voucher
  4. Find a new unit and submit RTA packet to property manager

How do I report an income change?

To report an income change, please submit a Change Report Form. Change Report Forms can be found in the reception area of the Housing Authority office or printed here. Please submit all change report forms by mail or deliver in the drop off box at the reception area of Housing Authority.

How do I report a complaint about my landlord/property manager?

The Fair Housing Council of Orange County is committed to receiving and mediating complaints between tenants and landlords. If you have any questions on your rights as a tenant, please contact the Fair Housing Council of Orange County.

Close window