The Family Self Sufficiency (FSS) Program is a voluntary program for families who are currently receiving the Housing Choice Voucher. The program is designed to help families in the Section 8 housing become economically independent through financial literacy.
What does the program provide?
- The opportunity to work with a Workforce Specialist who will help you make a five-year plan for your success. This plan may include employment with increased earnings, continuing your education, trainings, and/or other additional goals and services needed.
- The chance to earn a cash reward based on your earned income increase. This reward is called escrow.
- Continuous support and encouragement from your Workforce Specialist.
- Help to solve problems and find needed services and current job openings
- Self- sufficiency workshops
What are the workshops about?
Successful people are constantly learning new skills. Workforce Specialists will connect you to self-sufficiency skills through referrals and workshops like:
- Financial management and credit repair
- Stress management
- Job interviewing
- Family communication
- Home ownership preparation
- Referrals to community services
- Access to current job listings
- Invitations to job fairs and other community activities