FAQ Topic: Public Works Permits

How much are fire hydrant construction meter rental fees?

Meter rental fee is $2.32 per day regardless of use, including Saturday and Sunday. Minimum meter rental fee is five days at $2.32 per day. Deposits will be refunded upon return of undamaged meter and tools, after payment has been deducted for a cost of the water used and daily meter rental fees. All or … Continued

How can I obtain a permit for fire hydrant construction meter?

Fire hydrant construction meters (FHCMs) are issued when an appointment is made through backflow@santa-ana.org to complete a permit application form and the following documents are brought to the appointment: A copy of the current business license with the City of Santa Ana; A deposit check made payable to the “City of Santa Ana” in the … Continued

How can I obtain a street work permit?

Street work is required to be performed by a licensed contractor. The contractor must provide the following information prior to the issuance of the street work permit: A City of Santa Ana business license A Certificate of Insurance of general liability containing requirements as set forth by the City Attorney A contractor’s license (with approved … Continued

How can I get a parking permit for a Single Family Dwelling?

To be eligible for a parking permit, you must live on a qualifying block in a permit parking district. Parking signage is posted within each permit parking district. Permits are processed at the Public Works Agency counter, Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM, and alternate Fridays from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM … Continued

Close window