FAQ Topic: Services

What do I do if my water is turned off for non-payment?

If your service is disconnected for non-payment then you must contact the Municipal Utility Services staff immediately by telephone at (714) 647-5454.  The reconnection of service may require payment in full of the amount owed and a reconnection charge may also be applied. For more information, visit our Municipal Utility Services website.

How do I apply for an exemption for the Utility User Tax?

The City of Santa Ana applies a Utility Users’ Tax to users of telephone, electric, gas and water services. Santa Ana voters approved ballot measure AA in 2014 which reduces the Utility Users’ Tax rate for eligible low-income households. Find out if you qualify and how to apply.

How do I set up electricity service?

Southern California Edison provides electricity service to residents and businesses in Santa Ana. Learn about how to set up your account, pay your bill, outages, and more on the Southern California Edison website.

How do I set up gas service?

SoCalGas provides gas services to residents and businesses in Santa Ana. Learn about how to set up an account, pay your bill, report a gas leak, and more on the SoCalGas website.

How do I set up waste and recycling service?

Republic Services  provides trash and recycling service to residents and businesses in Santa Ana. Learn about trash service, recycling, yard waste, and more on the  Republic Services website.

How do I get a refund on my deposit?

If a deposit was paid to establish a MUS account then the deposit may remain on the account until the account is closed.  The deposit will then be applied automatically to the final bill.  If any funds are left after applying the deposit then a refund check will automatically be generated for the remaining amount … Continued

How do I close my Municipal Utility Services account?

You may call (714) 647-5454 to speak with a Customer Service Representative and request that the MUS account be closed. The requests may also be sent by email to mus.info@santa-ana.org. All emailed requests must include the service address, reason for closing the account, name of the person making the request, final mailing address, and contact … Continued

What are my payment options?

Payment for Municipal Utility Services   can be mailed to: City of Santa Ana Finance Department – Treasury Division M-13 20 Civic Center Plaza PO Box 1964 Santa Ana CA, 92702-1964 Other Payment Options: One-time online payment: https://www.invoicecloud.com/santaanaca Automated telephone system: (714) 647-5454 Logging into a registered online account: https://mywater.santa-ana.org/app/ In-person at Santa Ana City Hall, … Continued

Close window