FAQ Topic: Police department

Where can I find information on most wanted persons?

Information is found on our website. If you know where any of these persons are, call the Santa Ana Police Department at (714) 245-8665 or your local law enforcement agency. Do not attempt to apprehend these persons yourself.

How do I file a complaint?

You are encouraged to contact the Internal Affairs Division at (714) 245-8011 or submit a complaint form.

How do I get a copy of a police report?

To get a copy of a police report you need the following: (1) be the person who filed the police report or be directly involved; (2) present a valid picture ID; and (3) pay the applicable fee. For more information, contact the Records Division at (714) 245-8600.

How do I file a police report?

You can file a police report using the Santa Ana Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an emergency please call 9-1-1. The citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the report for free. Please confirm the following information to find out if … Continued

Close window