SANTA ANA, Calif. – The City of Santa Ana is introducing a new city-wide community event to celebrate the Lunar New Year on Saturday, February 3, 2024. The Tết Lunar New Year Festival will commemorate our community’s Asian and Vietnamese cultures and will become a new large-scale event on the City’s calendar.
Santa Ana’s Tết Lunar New Year Festival is a collaboration between the Santa Ana Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Agency and the Santa Ana Public Library. The event will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. at Centennial Park, 3000 W. Edinger Ave., Santa Ana.
Santa Ana is proud to be the home of a thriving and diverse community. With Santa Ana serving a large Vietnamese population, the City recognizes the importance of providing culturally relevant events to one of our City’s largest communities. The Tết holiday is a traditional celebration of the Lunar New Year in Vietnamese culture.
Guests of the event can look forward to:
- Cultural performances and live entertainment, including a lion dance and dragon dance
- Drum performances
- Kids Zone
- Library Lane complete with storytime
- Traditional art
- Food vendors
- Fireworks show at 6:45 p.m.
In addition to these exciting elements, guests can look forward to special participation from Title Level Partners:
- The Anaheim Ducks will be on site with their official mascot, Wild Wing. Fun activities and prizes (while supplies last) will be available for all Santa Ana fans!
- The Asian American Senior Citizens Service Center will feature a Chinese traditional costume (cheongsam) dance, fashion show and calligraphy arts program. Special games and prizes (while supplies last) will also be available throughout the entire event.
Santa Ana’s Tết Festival is family-friendly and open to all. On-site event parking is available at no cost. Guests are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs, blankets, and picnics. Additional information regarding the event is located here.
# # #
About Santa Ana
Santa Ana is downtown for the world-famous Orange County, California. It is the County Seat and home to a vibrant evening scene and arts community. Over 1,400 City employees work hard every day to deliver efficient public services in partnership with our community to ensure public safety, a prosperous economic environment, opportunities for our youth, and a high quality of life for residents. Learn more at www.santa-ana.org.