How do I get a refund on my deposit?

If a deposit was paid to establish a MUS account then the deposit may remain on the account until the account is closed.  The deposit will then be applied automatically to the final bill.  If any funds are left after applying the deposit then a refund check will automatically be generated for the remaining amount of the deposit.

The account holder may also request for a refund of the deposit paid to establish an account if the account is in good standing, if no late payments have been made over the last year, the account has been open for over a year and all documentation has been received.  If a valid identification or social security number is not on file then the request for a refund may be rejected.

All requests for deposit refund must be made in writing.  The request may be mailed to:

City of Santa Ana
Municipal Utility Services, M-14

20 Civic Center Plaza
PO Box 1964
Santa Ana, CA 92702-1964

Or it may be emailed to

For more information, visit our Municipal Utility Services website.

Close window