Memorial Day closure: City Hall and non-essential City facilities are closed, street sweeping is canceled on Monday, May 27, 2024. Learn more.

Do I need a business license if I wish to operate a commercially-based business located in the city of Santa Ana?

If you operate a business from a commercial premise within the City of Santa Ana you are required to secure a business license. Every business, including temporary or itinerant businesses, operating from commercial premises within the City is required to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy for their commercial location and comply with any and all applicable provisions of the City of Santa Ana Municipal Code relating to Zoning and Building & Fire Safety. Businesses may apply and pay for their Certificate of Occupancy Inspections at the Planning Counter. For information on Certificate of Occupancy requirements please contact the Planning Agency at (714) 647-5804. A separate business license is required for each separate type of business conducted at the same location, and for each separate branch or business property location. A separate Certificate of Occupancy is required for each separate branch location.

Close window