We are proud to offer a variety of educational programs to the communities we serve. These programs include safety presentations, school programs, fire station tours, and community events. If you would like to request one of these programs, fill out a request form below. Please submit your request at least two weeks prior to the event and ensure that your request meets the requirements listed. Online educational videos and handouts are available in multiple languages at the link below.
OCFA offers safety presentations to businesses, civic associations and other community groups. Presentation topics include the following topics: fire safety (fire prevention, home escape plans, and evacuation), disaster preparedness, senior safety, and drowning prevention. Presentations are available Monday through Friday.
Safety presentation guidelines
- Minimum attendance for a presentation is 15 people
- Must be in a public location (no private residences)
OCFA firefighters can visit your school for a presentation on fire prevention, what to do in case of fire, firefighters as community helpers, and firefighter equipment and gear. School visits last approximately 40 to 60 minutes.
School visit guidelines
- Each school is limited to one visit per year; we encourage teachers to coordinate visits if multiple classes wish to participate
- School visits are for educational purposes only
- Classes must have an average age of four or older
Disclaimer: Emergency response is our primary responsibility and crews will remain in service during school visits. We make every attempt to fulfill requests, however, crew availability cannot be guaranteed. In the event of an emergency, firefighters may be delayed or unable to attend without notice. School visits cancelled due to emergency response will be rescheduled.
Fire station tours
OCFA fire stations are open Monday through Saturday from 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 5 p.m. for station tours. Station tours must be pre-approved, and last approximately 30 minutes. Please note that tours are subject to the crew’s availability and we request at least two weeks’ advance notice to schedule. If you need assistance finding your closest fire station visit our website.
Station tour guidelines
- No more than 25 people (or one class) per visit (this includes adults and children)
- We request one adult per five children to provide supervision
- The recommended age for station visits is five and up
- We do not host birthday parties at fire stations
- Groups are limited to one station tour per year
Disclaimer: Emergency response is our primary responsibility and crews will remain in service during station tours. In the event of an emergency, firefighters may be delayed or unable to attend without notice. Station tours canceled due to emergency response will be rescheduled.
OCFA firefighters and educators are able to attend a variety of community events. Our participation is limited to educational and public community events in our service area and is subject to our staffing availability.
Community event guidelines
- We are unable to attend birthday parties or events that promote private businesses
- Fire engines/crews in attendance will remain in service and must be able to enter and exit the location quickly
Disclaimer: Emergency response is our primary responsibility and crews will remain in service during community events. We make every attempt to fulfill requests, however crew availability cannot be guaranteed. In the event of an emergency, firefighters may be delayed or unable to attend without notice.
The Fire FRIENDS (Firesetter Regional Intervention Education Network and Delivery System) program is designed specifically for juveniles who are exhibiting unusual or increased interest in fire and fire behavior, and is available to children and their families in and around Orange County, California.