FAQ Topic: City Council

Where can I find meeting agendas?

All upcoming and prior meeting agendas are available on our website. If you need help, call the City Clerk’s Office at (714) 647-6520.

How do I participate in City Council meetings?

You can participate in a few different ways: Write a letter and mail it to the City Council: Public comments can be mailed to Office of City Clerk, 20 Civic Center Plaza, M-30, Santa Ana, CA 92701. All written communications received via mail by 4 p.m. on the day of the meeting will be distributed … Continued

When do City Council meetings take place?

The City Council meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month at Santa Ana City Hall in the  Council Chamber, located at 22 Civic Center Plaza, Santa Ana, CA 92701. Closed session meetings begin at 5:00 p.m. and the regular open meetings begin at 5:45 p.m. Learn more on our Agendas and minutes … Continued

Who is the City Council?

The Santa Ana City Council is composed of seven members, which consist of the Mayor and six councilmembers. Councilmembers are nominated from one of six geographic wards in the City and then elected citywide.  The following individuals serve on the City Council: Mayor Vicente Sarmiento, Mayor Pro Tem Phil Bacerra, Councilmember Thai Viet Phan, Councilmember … Continued

How do I contact the City Council?

There are four ways:  Send the City Council a message using this online form.  Email the councilmember. You can find the City Council email directory on this webpage.  Call our office: (714) 647-6900.  Attend a City Council meeting and address the City Council during the public comments portion of the meeting.

How can I request sponsorship for my special event?

The Special Event Sponsorship Program provides the Mayor and Council the opportunity to allocate sponsorship funding up to $10,000 per fiscal year for special events conducted by qualified nonprofit organizations or City-recognized neighborhood associations. To qualify, organizations must be incorporated as a nonprofit charitable organization that is tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal … Continued

Close window