What is a Home Occupation Permit and who is required to have one?

Every business operating from residential premises within the City is required to obtain a Home Occupation Permit and comply with any and all applicable provisions of the City of Santa Ana Municipal Code relating to home-based businesses. Home businesses must apply for and receive an approved Home Occupation Permit before they apply and pay for their Business License. The Planning Agency approves these permits. For information on obtaining a Home Occupation Permit please contact the Planning & Building Agency at (714) 647-5804.

Close window