I do part-time consulting/independent contractor work from my home. Do I have to get a business license?

Yes, businesses both large and small are required to obtain a Santa Ana Business License to be in compliance with the Santa Ana Municipal Code. If the consulting work or other independent contractor work is done from a location within the City limits, such as your residence, you are required to obtain a City of Santa Ana Business License. (Note: hobbyists and part-time businesses making less than $5,000 per year may apply for payment of a reduced gratuitous license fee.)

Close window