Memorial Day closure: City Hall and non-essential City facilities are closed, street sweeping is canceled on Monday, May 27, 2024. Learn more.

How do I dispose of paints and chemicals?

Orange County residents can dispose of their household hazardous waste (HHW) items at no charge at any of the County’s four Household Hazardous Waste Collection Centers. Hours of Operation are from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.,
Tuesday through Saturday (closed on major holidays and during rainy weather):

  • Anaheim Collection Center
    1071 N Blue Gum Street, Anaheim, CA 92806
  • Huntington Beach Collection Center
    17121 Nichols Lane, Gate 6, Huntington Beach, CA 92647
  • Irvine Collection Center
    6411 Oak Canyon, Irvine, CA 92618
  • San Juan Capistrano Collection Center
    32250 Avenida La Pata, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675

If you need special assistance with HHW collection and are unable to bring it to one of these centers, call (714) 834-4000. Visit for a detailed list of acceptable and unacceptable items.

Close window