Memorial Day closure: City Hall and non-essential City facilities are closed, street sweeping is canceled on Monday, May 27, 2024. Learn more.

Do I need a business license if I wish to operate a home-based business located in the City of Santa Ana?

Yes, if you operate a business from residential premises within the City of Santa Ana you are required to secure a business license. Prior to the issuance of a business license, businesses operating from residential premises within the City, are required to obtain a one-time Home Occupation Permit ($50.32) and comply with all applicable provisions of the City of Santa Ana Municipal Code relating to home-based businesses. Home-based businesses must receive an approved Home Occupation Permit before they apply and pay for their Business License. The Planning Agency approves these permits. For information on obtaining a Home Occupation Permit, please contact the Planning Agency at (714) 647-5804 (Planning & Building Agency). A separate business license is required for each separate type of business operating at the same residential location.

Close window