The I-5 Central Corridor HOV Project construction activities between SR-55 and SR-57 continue to include re-striping, drainage, sign panels, and/or concrete barrier work for the dates and times listed below. Most of these activities can only be done at night and require lane closures to include:
- Tuesday, July 28 2020, from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Northbound I-5: Right lanes between First/Fourth Streets and SR-22
- Northbound I-5 Connector to Westbound SR-22
- Tuesday, July 28 to Wednesday, July 29, 2020, from 8:30 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Southbound SR-57 Carpool Connector to Southbound I-5
- Tuesday, July 28, 2020 and Friday, July 31, 2020, from 8:30 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Southbound I-5 Carpool Connector to Southbound SR-55 Carpool Connector
- Southbound I-5: Left lanes between SR-57 Connector and Fourth Street
- Northbound SR-55 Carpool Connector to Northbound I-5
- Friday, July 31, 2020, from 10 pm. To 6 a.m.
- Northbound I-5: Left lanes between First/fourth Streets and SR-22
During these times, drivers may avoid using the I-5 freeway in this area in both directions and utilize the SR-55 and SR-22, instead, through Central Orange County. Both carpool lanes on Southbound I-5 between SR-55 and SR-57 are expected to fully open to motorists this weekend. All carpool lanes on Northbound and Southbound I-5 are expected to open at the end of August.
Crews will continue to perform concrete construction work during the daytime behind protected median barriers which does not require traffic lane closures.
OCTA and Caltrans construction team has been expediting this work while traffic demand has been relatively lower due to COVID-19. Should you have any questions or issues with the construction please call (800) 724-0353 or e-mail email@example.com.
When fully completed, this project will add an additional carpool lane in each direction on I-5 between SR-55 and SR-57 to reduce traffic congestion, bottlenecks, encourage ride-sharing and improve traffic flow. Construction is expected to be completed in early 2021. To sign up for construction alerts or for more information, visit www.octa.net/i5Central.
Dates and times are subject to change if there is inclement weather or if there are unforeseen construction constraints.