Please select from these top services or scroll down for more COVID-19 resources and information.
OC Health Care Agency Hotlines
General questions: COVID-19 HOTLINE (714) 834-2000
Medical questions: Health Referral Line (800) 564-8448
UC Irvine COVID-19 Online Chat
Do you have questions about COVID-19 and the vaccine? Chat with a UC Irvine chatline operator online to help answer your questions. The chatline is available Sunday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The chatline is not for medical advice. Specific medical questions should be directed to a medical provider.
Current Health Rules
The Stay at Home Order for Orange County and most of California was lifted on Jan. 25, 2021. Orange County entered the Orange Tier on March 31, 2021. This allows more indoor operations for many businesses and activities and other businesses to have limited outdoor operations. Masks are still required when around others in public. Select below to learn more.
Free COVID-19 testing for Santa Ana residents is available at local kiosks around the city. Residents can also order at-home tests and other County and local clinic testing sites are available.
Santa Ana residents age 16 and older who live in the 92701 and 92703 ZIP codes can get the COVID-19 vaccine NOW at County vaccination sites. Beginning April 1, 2021, anyone over age 50 can receive the COVID-19 vaccine. On April 15, 2021, all California residents 16 or older qualify. Most vaccination sites require an appointment.
- Who can get a vaccine now? The California Department of Public Health is expanding accessibility to vaccines based on age, industry and other factors.
- Vaccine Information and Appointments in Orange County: Find a full list of options.
- Othena: County Vaccination Appointments: Make appointments and sign up to be notified when appointments are available at the County's vaccine sites.
- OC Health Care Agency Vaccine News and Resources: Find out who can get a vaccine, subscribe to the County's vaccine newsletter, and more.
- My Turn (State of California): Find State-operated vaccine sites.
- CDC Information on Vaccine
- Vaccine FAQs
Resources for Businesses
- Small Business Grants: Up to $5,000 for small businesses.
- Paycheck Protection Program: Apply by March 31, 2021, for Small Business Administration loans.
- Only businesses with fewer than 20 employees and sole proprietors may apply from Wednesday, February 24, through Tuesday, March 9.
- California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program: Apply for grants of $5,000 to $25,000. The current application round closes Feb. 8, 2021.
- Guide for Outdoor Dining, Retail and Personal Care Businesses
- Other Economic Development Agency Business Assistance Programs
- Employer Resources and Economic Recovery Call Center
Financial Assistance for Residents
- Santa Ana Vital Eviction Solution (SAVES): Santa Ana residents impacted by COVID-19 who are behind on rent and facing eviction can apply for up to 12 months rent and receive free legal and mediation services. Income restrictions apply.
- City Rental Assistance Program: Santa Ana residents who don't qualify for SAVES can apply for rental assistance grants of $5,500.
- California Rental Relief Program: State rental relief for landlords and renters.
- Eviction Moratorium: The state eviction moratorium has been extended through June 30. Select the link to learn how to qualify.
- Isolation Assistance Program: Provides hotel rooms to family members who live in the same household as a COVID-19 positive family member.
The California eviction moratorium for tenants affected financially by COVID-19 was extended through June 30. The federal residential eviction moratorium was extended to at least March 31, 2021. Both moratoriums have certain requirements.
City Council Actions and Executive Orders
The Santa Ana City Council declared a local emergency on March 17, 2020, and City Manager Kristine Ridge has signed 12 executive orders related to COVID-19 to protect public health and provide financial assistance to the community.
CARES Data Dashboard
Learn how much Santa Ana CARES financial assistance has been provided, hotline phone calls have been received and more.
COVID-19 Video Updates
SANTA ANA CARES - The City of Santa Ana's Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
COVID-19 Update from Mayor Vicente Sarmiento and Councilmember Thai Viet Phan - February 3, 2021
Actualización de COVID-19 del Alcalde Vicente Sarmiento - 3 de febrero del 2021
Cập nhật của về COVID-19: Thành viên Hội Đồng Thai Viet Phan - Ngày 3 tháng Hai, 2021