The City of Santa Ana CDBG 2024-2026 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Public Service Application is available starting Wednesday, November 8, 2023. The application window will close on Monday, December 18, 2023 at 5 p.m.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program is a flexible program that provides communities with resources to address a wide range of unique community development needs. The program provides annual grants on a formula basis to entitled cities and counties to develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing and a suitable living environment, and by expanding economic opportunities, principally for low- to moderate-income persons.
The CDBG application is available here.
Nonprofit CDBG Criteria
Nonprofit applicants must meet the following guidelines and criteria:
- Develop crime prevention and suppression programs that assist in the development of suitable living environments by targeting specific Santa Ana neighborhoods that have a long-standing history of crime involving children, youth and families. For example, crime prevention education programs or community-oriented policing programs such as establishing a neighborhood watch program.
- Develop programs that target victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault or stalking;
- Services that will benefit children (generally under age 13), including parenting skills classes;
- Health services addressing the physical health needs of residents;
- Mental health services addressing the mental health needs of residents;
- Youth services including during and after school programs that target teens (ages 13 to 19) that include recreational programs with a counseling/mentorship program that addresses healthy lifestyles, substance abuse prevention, crime prevention, dating violence and anti-bullying. Programs with current Memorandum of Understandings with Santa Ana Unified School District will have priority over other youth service programs;
- Legal services that provide legal aid to low- and moderate-income residents;
- Senior services for the elderly age 62-plus years old.
CDBG Application Training
CDBG Application Training will be held on Tuesday, November 14, 2023 at:
- Council Chambers, Santa Ana City Hall, 20 Civic Center Plaza, Santa Ana, CA 92701
- 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
For more Information, contact:
Community Development Analyst