Do I need a business license if I am an out of city state licensed contractor doing business in the city of Santa Ana?

If you are an Out-of-City State Licensed Contractor doing business in the City of Santa Ana you are required to secure your own individual business license(s). The Santa Ana Municipal Code requires that General Contractors (including Builder Owners) submit a verification form identifying all specialty contractors engaged with any building permit obtained to work within the City of Santa Ana. In accordance with City ordinance, no Certificate of Occupancy or Final Inspection may be granted by the City until all business license fees have been paid by every prime contractor and subcontractor engaged.

Close window