- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic
City of Santa Ana parks are open for public use and most park amenities have reopened.
People may still go outside to exercise, but should wear face masks, avoid gathering in groups, and should practice social distancing, as required by the State and County health agencies. For additional information on the state wide safety regulations, please visit: https://covid19.ca.gov/
Park amenities were closed in March due to COVID-19, but the following amenities are now open for the public to enjoy:
- Fitness Zones
- Memorial Pool Only
- Parking lots
- Park open space/grass areas for general recreation and fitness activities
- Sport fields by permit only for youth sports practices
- Outdoor basketball and volleyball courts for walkup play only
- Handball courts for walkup play only
- Centennial and Mariposa Skate Parks
- Centennial and Thornton Park Lakes
- Lawn bowling greens while adhering to social distancing guidelines
- Archery range
- Film permits
In accordance with the State mandate, the following amenities remain closed until further notice:
- Picnic shelters/tables
- Community Recreation centers
- Senior centers
- Community Gardens
- Project PRIDE
- Swimming pools
- Special events
- Swimming pools
• Outdoor Recreational Programs in the park
For further information on specific park locations and amenities, please visit www.santa-ana.org/parks/parks-and-facilities or call (714) 571-4200.
Modified Outdoor Programs in the Park
To help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our community, indoor facilities and outdoor recreational spaces may be closed or have modified access until further notice. Outdoor park spaces remain open for passive use. Outdoor playgrounds, and athletic and recreational fields and courts, have reopened with modified access. Modified outdoor recreational programming is available to the community and registration is open at https://secure.rec1.com/CA/santa-ana-ca/catalog
For more information please call (714) 571-4258 or visit https://secure.rec1.com/CA/santa-ana-ca/catalog
Interested in Teaching a Class?
If you have a special skill or are knowledgeable about a subject and would like to teach others, please contact us at
(714) 571-4219. We can help you become a leisure class instructor.
To view the brochure you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader, please click on the icon below to obtain a free copy of this program.