The Orange County Recycling Market Development Zone (OCRMDZ) is an economic development program that utilizes the growing supply of recyclable materials to fuel new businesses, expand existing ones, create jobs, and divert waste from landfills. The program fosters and supports eligible businesses that supply or utilize secondary materials; creating a circular economy and enhancing the City’s economic development potential.
As a member of the Orange County Recycling Market Development Zone, the City of Santa Ana’s green businesses have a unique opportunity to receive the benefits that the Zone has to offer, which include:
- Low Interest Loans and Other Assistance with Financing - A CalRecycle RMDZ loan can finance up to 75 percent of a project, up to $2 million per loan. Loan terms are up to 15 years and the low interest rates are from fixed-rate State funds. Rates are kept at or below the prime rate.
- Permit Assistance - State and local public agencies guide businesses through both the local and State permitting and regulatory processes.
- Location Assistance - Businesses seeking to locate or expand in this region can be directed to industrially zoned property and other sites throughout the zone. Santa Ana Economic Development staff is available to find you a new site in the City.
- Feedstock Sourcing/Marketing Assistance - Businesses in need of materials feedstock or seeking an outlet for their residual materials will be provided with sourcing or marketing assistance.
- California Materials Exchange (Cal-Max)
- California Facility Information Toolbox (FacIT)
Is Your Business Eligible?
- Your business is located in the City of Santa Ana.
- Your business uses eligible materials in manufacturing a recycled-content product or process materials for recycling. The following materials are eligible:
- Agricultural waste
- Automotive tire waste
- Construction and demolition debris
- Food waste
- Green waste
Non-eligible materials include:
- Electronic waste
- Hazardous waste
- Medical waste
- Metals (steel, aluminum, brass, copper, etc.)
- Radioactive waste
For more information about the OCRMDZ and how your business can benefit, please contact:
Economic Development Manager
Economic Development Division
City of Santa Ana
(714) 647-6588 or firstname.lastname@example.org