To effectively provide and sufficiently maintain City athletic fields, scheduled rotating field closures occur during the year for turf recovery, field maintenance, and overall improvements. Understanding that our valued sports organizations desire optimum use of City athletic fields, the City coordinates the schedule with the various sports leagues to minimize the impact.
The sports fields at the following parks will be closed due to annual turf renovation through November 20, 2023.
- Centennial Park, through Sept. 6, 3000 W. Edinger Avenue
- Riverview Park, through Sept.11, 1817 W. 21 Street
- Cesar Chavez, through Sept. 13, 3311 W. 5th Street
- Adams Park, through Oct. 2, 2302 S. Raitt Street
- Delhi Park, through Oct. 9, 2314 S. Halladay Street
- Santiago Park, Sept. 5 – Nov. 6, 2535 N. Main Street
- El Salvador Park, Sept. 11 – Nov. 20, 1825 W. Civic Center Drive
The fields will be fenced off completely and will not be open to the public. Please use alternate athletic fields nearby while these park fields are under construction.
If you have any questions, please contact Public Works Park Services Superintendent, Jorge Acevedo at (714) 647-3324. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for understanding.