To effectively provide and sufficiently maintain City athletic fields, scheduled rotating field closures occur during the year for turf recovery, field maintenance, and overall improvements. Understanding that our valued sports organizations desire optimum use of City athletic fields, the City coordinates the schedule with the various sports leagues to minimize the impact.
The sport fields at the following City of Santa Ana parks will be closed due to annual turf renovation starting Monday, October 2 through December 18, 2023.
- Morrison Park, Oct. 2 – Dec. 4, 2023, 2801 N. Westwood Avenue
- Portola Park, Oct. 9 – Dec. 11, 2023, 1700 E. Santa Clara Avenue
- Heritage Park, Oct.16 – Dec. 18, 2023, 4812 W. Camille Avenue
- Rosita Park, Oct. 30 – Dec. 11, 2023, 706 N. Newhope Street
- Santiago Park, through – Nov. 6, 2023, 2535 N. Main Street
- El Salvador Park, through Nov. 20, 2023, 1825 W. Civic Center Drive
- Adams Park, through Oct. 2, 2023, 2302 S. Raitt Street
- Delhi Park, through Oct. 9, 2023, 2314 S. Halladay Street
The fields will be fenced off completely and will not be open to the public. Please use alternate athletic fields nearby while these park fields are under construction.
If you have any questions, please contact Public Works Park Services Superintendent, Jorge Acevedo at (714) 647-3324. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for understanding.