Program Specifics

Is this a grant or loan program?

  • CP-CAP is a reimbursable grant awarded to qualifying applicants.

How are the boundary lines for the program determined?

  • The Secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) determined the designation of Qualified and/or eligible census tracts (QCT)s. QCTs are areas having either 50% or more household income less than 60% of the area median gross income, or a poverty rate of at least 25%. The City of Santa Ana has fifteen (15) QCTs located in Wards 1,2,3,5, and 6 and are outlined on the map located on the Commercial Property Compliance Assistance Program home page.

How is the program funded?

  • CP-CAP is funded through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), as a program under the Revive Santa Ana Initiative.

Is there a matching requirement?

  • Yes;  applicants are required to match 100% of the funds that are listed in their application. Applicants are required to provide invoices and proof of payment either through voided check(s) or receipt(s) to verify they have met the matching requirement.

Is a consultation required before submission?

  • Consultations are not required but are encouraged.

I would like to schedule a consultation to discuss the program and the application in depth. Whom do I contact?

Is funding still available?

  • Internal monitoring is being done and funds will be disbursed on a first-come, first-served basis as applications are approved and Notices of Completion are received

Is a Property Management Contact Information sign required?

  • Property Management Contact signage is an optional improvement in the program. There are specific requirements if an applicant were to include Property Management signage in their application.
  • Commercial property signage requirements can be located here

When should I expect a response regarding my application?

  • Please refer to the provided timeline.

Are extensions available?

  • Final Notice of Approvals will provide when the 100-day deadline begins. If a project is not completed within the 100-day deadline funds may be forfeited and provided to the next eligible applicant.

Does the city have a list of approved vendors?

  • No; the city will not provide a list of approved contractors as it relates to the Commercial Property Compliance Assistance Program. It is the responsibility of the applicant to determine what contractors to utilize.

Can I complete projects in-house without a contractor?

  • Yes; applicants are still required to submit supporting documents that reflect the requested reimbursement. If an applicant elects to complete an improvement without a contractor, please indicate that the work was completed without a contractor on the application under Contractor Information.
  • Note: labor costs for improvements completed by an applicant without the use of a contractor are not eligible for reimbursement.

Can I apply for reimbursement for improvements made throughout the year?

  • Improvements beginning June 22, 2022 are eligible to be included in the application. Improvements prior to that date are ineligible.
Close window