Updated: November 14, 2018
Project Address: 2525 North Main Street
October 2017: The applicant, AC 2525 Main LLC, has submitted an application to construct a 517-unit apartment building at 2525 North Main Street (north-east corner of Main Street and Edgewood Road). The 5.9-acre site currently contains a two-story office building and paved parking lot which are proposed for demolition. The applicant is proposing to construct a five-story building apartment building wrapped around an eight-story parking structure containing 910 parking spaces. Courtyards, landscaping and various on-site amenities are also proposed. The project will require a general plan amendment, zone change, and environmental impact report.
March 2018: The project has been resubmitted into the development review process which consists of a review of the proposal by the various City agencies (Planning, Building, Public Works Agency, etc.). The revised plan proposes 496 units and 908 parking spaces (ratio of 1.83 parking spaces per unit), a revised unit mix (78 Studios, 271 One bedrooms, 119 Two bedrooms, and 28 Three bedrooms), the removal of the parking structure access from Edgewood Road, and modifications to the architectural style.
July 2018: The project has been resubmitted into the development review process. The plan proposes 496 units and 908 parking spaces (ratio of 1.83 parking spaces/unit), a revised unit mix (73 Studios, 307 One bedrooms, 88 Two bedrooms and 28 Three bedrooms), and tiered building height from 2 to 5 stories on the east side of the development.
Final Environmental Impact Report (full document)
Notice of Extension for the DEIR (comment period extended to October 4, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.)
Draft Environmental Impact Report (full document)
Appendices part 1
Appendices part 2
Appendices part 3
Initial Study (comments may be submitted from February 12, 2018 to March 13, 2018 at 5:00 pm)
Sunshine Ordinance Community Meeting Report (prepared by the applicant)
- Planning Commission Public Hearing – November 26, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. at the City Council Chambers (22 Civic Center Plaza, Santa Ana, CA 92702)
- City Council Public Hearing – To Be Determined
- Planning Commission Study Session & Draft EIR Public Hearing – Monday, August 27, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. at the City Council Chambers (22 Civic Center Plaza, Santa Ana, CA 92702)
- Scoping Meeting – Thursday, March 1, 2018 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the First Congregational Church of Santa Ana (2555 Santiago Street, Santa Ana 92706)
- Sunshine Ordinance Community Meeting – Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Discovery Cube Orange County (2500 N. Main Street, Santa Ana, CA 92705)
*Notices for the Planning Commission and City Council public hearings will be mailed to all property owners and occupants within 500 feet of the project site.*