Q: I need to install new windows in my home. Does it require a permit?

A: New and Replacement Windows

Q: I want to build a small fence in my front yard. Are there any special rules regarding fencing?

A: Front Yard Fence Permits

Q: I am planning to start a business out of my home. What do I need to do to get started?

A: Home Occupation Permits 


Q: I would like to hang a banner for the grand opening of my store. Are there restrictions regarding banner signs?

A: Banner/Temporary Sign Permits

Q: We would like to have a parking lot sale and want to set up a special area for that purpose. Do I need to get any kind of permission?

A: Hosting a Special Event or Having a Parking Lot Sale Event

Q: I have my business license, and my occupancy permit, and my grand opening sign is up.  Now, I would like to have my permanent business sign made and installed. What do I need to do?

A: Permanent Signs

Development Professionals

Q: I would like to set up a meeting with a planner to go over a proposal for a particular property.  Who do I call?

A: It is best to visit the Planning Counter first, as the counter staff can provide detailed information about the City's zoning and General Plan requirements. Once you have done this, you can submit a "First Look" application and obtain a meeting with a planner to get some feedback regarding your proposal. 

Applying for Discretionary Review