The Planning and Building Agency public counters are now open for visit by appointment only. The new counter hours are: Monday through Thursday and alternate Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Individuals visiting City Hall can expect to observe the following guidelines:
- If you are positive for COVID-19 or feel you have been exposed to the virus, please do not enter the building and reschedule your appointment;
- All customers entering City Hall must submit to a temperature check via a non-contact thermometer. If your temperature is above 100.4, you will not be allowed to enter the facility;
- All customers entering City Hall must wear a face covering at all times while in the facility;
- All customers inside City Hall or in line outside must maintain proper distance from others at all times; and
- Restrooms are temporarily closed to the public.
- Appointments are available online only. Walk-ins are not accepted, but same-day appointments may be available.
- Appointment intervals are 20 minutes.
- A maximum of two (2) individuals per appointment will be serviced.
- Customers wishing to visit multiple agencies during a single visit (i.e., the Planning and Building Agency and the Public Works Agency) must book individual appointments for each service.
- Customers must arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before their scheduled appointment and no later than 5 minutes after their scheduled appointment start time. Late arrivals will be automatically deleted from the system.
- To better service your permit issuance appointment please be sure to have approvals from all required agencies prior to scheduling an appointment for your permits. This includes agencies such as Planning, Public Works, Police Department, OC Health, school district, and/or Orange County Fire Authority (OCFA).
Payment by credit card is limited to $5,000. Multiple credit card transactions in excess of $5,000 will not be accepted.
Please have all applications, permits, and forms printed and completed prior to arrival.
We ask for patience from customers while we are adjusting to this new process. We look forward to seeing you!
To begin scheduling your appointment please select Schedule an Appointment