All public counter assistance and services will be handled by phone, email, or teleconferencing However, Code Enforcement will continue to provide the following:
- Health and Safety inspections
- Responses to imminent and dangerous situations involving life and safety concerns
- Non-life safety inspections, enforcements, and issues, when they can be completed from the public right of way. This may include QOLT and general property maintenance concerns, site survey, and Santa Ana Police Department and Orange County Fire Authority requests
- Cannabis Office & Operations Logistics (714) 565-2637
- Enforcement and fines for non-life safety issues as deemed appropriate by Code Enforcement Manager
- Animal Services
To reach Code Enforcement please call (714) 667-2780
A list of helpful numbers for the City services offered at City Hall can be found at City phone numbers
The Code Enforcement Division's purpose is to improve neighborhoods through personalized neighborhood contact, education of codes and standards, responsive and dedicated personnel, fair enforcement of laws and innovative processes.
The Code Enforcement Division operates a comprehensive enforcement program and investigates violations of the State Health & Safety code; General Property Maintenance and the State structural codes (Building, Plumbing, Mechanical and Electrical Codes). The Division employs abatement procedures to correct code deficiencies. It is our goal to obtain voluntary compliance from the property and business owners we work with. In the cases where we are unable to obtain voluntary compliance, Code Enforcement Officers have the authority to issue civil citations and/or file criminal charges.
Important Phone Numbers
Foreclosure /Vacant Property Registration
To register a foreclosure and/or vacant property please visit:
Property Registration | Fight Blight
Any questions with respect to registration requirements, registration status, etc. should be directed to: SUPPORT@PROCHAMPS.COM.
|Residential||Commercial / Industrial|
|The Residential Response Team addresses violations on single-family and multi-family properties.||The Commercial Response Team enforces zoning violations on commercial and industrial properties.|
|Proactive Rental Enforcement (PREP)||Temporary and Permanent Signs|
|Sample Residential Site Plan||Sample Commercial Site Plan|
|Front Yard Fence Application||Certificate of Occupancy Info|
|Sample Front Yard Fence Plan||Business License|