- In response to the COVID-19 epidemic
- The California State Public Health Officer has ordered all individuals living in California to stay home except when going out for necessities such as buying food, medicine and gas and going to work at certain essential jobs.
- The City of Santa Ana parks remain open for public use and people may still go outside to exercise, but people should avoid gathering in groups and practice social distancing, as required by the State and County health agencies. Park amenities were closed in March due to COVID-19. Most amenities will open to the public following State-mandated safety measures and guidelines. Residents are still encouraged to minimize their time outside the home, wear a mask, avoid gathering in groups and practice social distancing when out in public and while using City parks.
- All Parks, Recreation and Community Services classes and programs have been canceled except for the frozen meals program at the Santa Ana Senior Center.
- Based on this guidance, the City of Santa Ana Parks, Recreation and Community Services Agency, has cancelled the 4th of July, Shakespeare In The Park, Fiestas Patrias, and Santa Ana 5k Run.